Sat, Oct 01|
The New Basics
The BlacOak Tasting Room is reopening for educational classes with a new spin, this time we are BYOB!
Time & Location
Oct 01, 2022, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Philadelphia, 6139 Ridge Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19128, USA
About the Event
The BlacOak Tasting Room is open for private wine education events. We invite you to attend "The New Basics" a Progressive Wine Tasting that will teach you the basics of wine tasting using the wines you bring. If you are a previous guest of the BlacOak Tasting Room, please read carefully because things have changed. In the past, we have supplied the wine and exposed our guests to the wine brands we love. Our new format is all about education and the wines your supply. All BlacOak Tasting Room events will now be BYOB. You bring the wine and we will provide the education. Don't worry guests will still learn all of our tips and tricks for tasting and preserving wine during this 2-hour event.
What to expect:
- Each class will have a list of the BYOB wine selections. Each selection will be the varietal name and the region in which it should come from. In some instances, brand names may be listed for inclusion or exclusion from the week's purchase list.
- All listed wine selections will be between $10 - $25. This cost is now deducted from the average price of the BlacOak Tasting Room ticket. For example, $50 classes will now be $35 and $75 classes will now be $50.
- Upon arrival, each bottle will be chilled as needed and shared with other class participants throughout the presentation.
- The 90minute class will be led by one of the BlacOak Sommeliers, with our RAMP-certified classroom host pouring and attending to the needs of every guest.
- Parking for the BlacOak Tasting Room is located on Dupont street this is a paid PPA lot. Street parking is also available.
- This tasting experience is expected to last one 1hour- 90minutes, guests are welcome to stay after the tasting event to enjoy the remaining wine or order food from the Roxy Hall & Bistro.
- The Roxy Hall & Bistro is adjacent to the BlacOak Tasting Room. For your convenience, a server will come to the tasting room at the conclusion of our event to take orders.
- Tickets to this are non-refundable. Guests who are unable to attend due to exposure to Covid-19 will be issued a credit to attend a future event of the same or lesser value.
The Benefits of Our New Format:
- Guests will gain the experience of shopping for the wines they will enjoy. Too often we find that our guests are intimidated by the wine-buying experience. This pre-class shopping experience gives detailed instructions on how to locate the wines we will be enjoying during class.
- Our new format will foster more engagement with our guests. As guests are encouraged to share their wines, banter about who brought what and the purchasing experience will only intensify the community aspect of our tasting room experiences.
- More wine! Our previous format provided guests with no more than 1ounce pours of our provided selections. In our new format, guests will be tasting 1-ounce pours of multiple selections.
This Week's Wine Buy List
- Varietal: Sauvignon Blanc, Region: Marlborough, New Zealand - when shopping please look for the section that says New Zealand or other regions.
- Varietal: Provence Still Rosé (any of these grapes Grenache, cinsault, Mourvedre, or Syrah); Region: Provence, France - when shoppinging please search in the section labeled france or french.
- Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon, Region: California or Central Coast - when shopping look for section labeled Cabernet Sauvignon.
For any additional questions or concerns please contact Ebonie Dukes at 267.983.7815.
Our new format is to remain in compliance with all Pennsylvania state liquor laws. The BlacOak Tasting Room is only licensed for the production and Manufacturing of BlacOak Wines. All BlacOak tasting room events are education-based BYOB experiences.
General Admission$35.00+$0.88 service feeSale ended