Sat, Feb 19|
BlacHistory- A wine tasting and discussion about African Americans' influence on the wine industry.
The Blachistory wine tasting event will feature Black-owned wines while engaging guests in an intimate discussion about African Americans' influence on the wine industry.
Time & Location
Feb 19, 2022, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Philadelphia, 6139 Ridge Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19128, USA
About the Event
Join us for the Debut of a signature event we are calling BlacHistory. The team at The BlacOak Wine Club is committed to highlighting the diversity that exists in today's wine industry in hopes of inspiring wine enthusiasts to become wine professionals. Although African Americans make up less than two percent of the working professionals in the wine industry, like many other industries the contributions we have made have greatly influenced how the industry produces, consumes, and markets wine.
During this event, guests will be introduced to black-owned wine brands while participating in an interactive discussion about African American history in wine.
What to expect:
- The city of Philadelphia requires all guests participating in any indoor dining activities to present a vaccination card that shows they have received a minimum of one dose of a covid-19 vaccination. All guests will be asked to present their vaccination card and ID upon arrival.
- Upon arrival, all guests will receive a free covid-19 rapid test. This is done in an effort to reduce the spread of covid-19. We understand that it is extremely difficult to participate in a wine tasting experience while wearing your mask. Rapid testing will be performed upon arrival at no additional cost. Guests will have to complete a consent form that requires you to list either your insurance member number or social security number for state billing.
- Guests are required to arrive 15mins before the beginning of class for testing. Guests will be required to wait in their vehicle until they receive a text that they have been cleared for entry.
- Parking for the BlacOak Tasting Room is located on Dupont street this is a paid PPA lot. Street parking is also available.
- This tasting experience is expected to last 1hour, guests are welcome to stay after the tasting event to enjoy a purchased enhancer or order food from the Roxy Hall & Bistro.
- The Roxy Hall & Bistro is adjacent to the BlacOak Tasting Room. For your convienence a server will come to the tasting room at the conclusion of our event to take orders.
- Tickets to this are non-refundable. Guests who are unable to attend due to exposure to Covid-19 will be issued a credit to attend a future event of the same or lesser value.
For any additional questions or concerns please contact Ebonie Dukes at 267.983.7815.
General Admission$65.00+$1.63 service feeSold Out
This ticket allows for guests to enjoy an additional selection of wine after the conclusion of the event.$12.00+$0.30 service fee